Don't just save your money in your TFSA. INVEST in Israel bonds and you can grow your interest income tax-free*
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO ISRAEL BONDS
We are pleased to inform you that Canada-Israel Securities Limited (CISL)/Israel Bonds has applied to be a registrant with all Canadian provincial securities regulatory authorities*.
Each of our clients are required to complete in full on a one-time basis an Account Opening Application.
* As an Exempt Market Dealer
With a Tax-Free Savings Account, Canadian residents age 18 and older can deposit amounts approved by the Government of Canada each year without being taxed on investment income.
Best of all, your TFSA is more than a cash account. It can be structured so you can invest in various instruments, including Israel bonds. And as the name says, your interest grows tax-free.
Add Israel bonds to your Self-Directed Tax-Free Savings Account and benefit from:
- Choices of maturity options (1, 2, 3, 5, 10 and 15 years)
- Currency choices (CDN and USD)
- Fixed Rates of return with Semi-Annual Interest Payments
Full Service brokerage or Discount brokerage firms can hold Israel Bonds.
- The registered plans must be Self-Directed
- The required funds must be readily available before the Israel bonds order is placed
TFSA dollar limit
||TFSA Annual Limit||TFSA Cumulative Limit|
This does not constitute tax advice. Please consult with your financial/tax advisor should you have any tax-related questions.
* Israel Bonds/Canada-Israel Securities, Limited does not give tax advice. Israel Bonds are eligible for Self-Directed Tax-Free Savings Accounts. According to CRA, your TFSA contribution room is calculated based on your cumulative TFSA room since 2009, provided you were over the age of 18 in 2009 and lived in Canada as a resident for all those years. If both of these conditions are met, your total contribution room is $75,500 CDN as of January 1, 2021, less your contributions plus your withdrawals.